1. Programming decisions and music selections are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
2. Materials should be sent to the attention of Gabby Parsons, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53519.
3. WMMM-FM accepts new music submissions via CD. Although mp3 files and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact our ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, WMMM-FM suggests submission of music via CD when possible.
4. Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
5. Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
6. Music submitted will not be returned.
7. WMMM-FM does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
8. Gabby Parsons has established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
NOTE: With regard to musical work performance rights, WMMM-FM holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WMMM-FM the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream WMMM-FM over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WMMM-FM the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.
The passing of Leonard Nimoy at the age of 83 makes me feel like I've lost a member of my extended family.
Growing up with three brothers, two older and one younger, it would have been impossible to not be over-exposed to Nimoy's Spock and the...
Who else still misses George?
George Harrison was born on today's date in 1943, and was only 58 when he died in 2001. I was interviewed by Channel 3 after he died, and I said it was truly sad for me, because I grew up with the Beatles and...
"Hotline, hotline, calling on the hotline for your love!" The hook is so contagious you will probably be hearing it in your head all day.
Sorry about that.
"Hotline" was a number 5 single for the family band the Sylvers in...
There was not a lot of love today for the song "Cherish" by Kool & The Gang. It was a huge hit for the band in 1985--getting all the way up to #2 on the pop charts.
This song is not to be confused with "Cherish," a song which...
Copuntry singer-songwriter Donna Fargo had two big crossover pop hits. One was "The Happiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A., and the other was the one we featured from the World's Worst iPod. "Funny Face" made it to number 5 on the pop...
The Grammys always have their share of awkward moments and unusual pairings. But this one from the early 1970s is so awkward, it's amazing.
It's obvious John can't really believe he's being forced to read such cheesy...