1. Programming decisions and music selections are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
2. Materials should be sent to the attention of Gabby Parsons, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53519.
3. WMMM-FM accepts new music submissions via CD. Although mp3 files and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact our ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, WMMM-FM suggests submission of music via CD when possible.
4. Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
5. Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
6. Music submitted will not be returned.
7. WMMM-FM does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
8. Gabby Parsons has established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
NOTE: With regard to musical work performance rights, WMMM-FM holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WMMM-FM the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream WMMM-FM over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant WMMM-FM the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.
There may be snow on the ground again in Madison--but it's time to start thinking about the summer festival season!
Both Summerfest and Lollapalooza have announced headliners.
Headliners at Summerfest will include Kings of Leon, Ed Sheeran,...
The song "Love Jones" by Brighter Side of Darkness would probably have long been forgotten, had Cheech and Chong not done a parody version of the song.
The group, made up of Chicago high school students, scored a top 15 hit with the song in 1973, but...
This won't be enough to make you root for them, but Coastal Carolina's Coach has some pretty cool musical stuff on his resume.
Back in the 1960s, when Cliff Ellis was in college, he was in a garage band called the Villagers, and they cut a...
Nothing screams the 1980's like The Power Station's "Some Like it Hot."
A super-group comprised of Robert Palmer and members of Chic and Duran Duran, The Power Station took this song all the way to #6 in 1985.
St. Patrick's Day is upon us! Time to wear green, drink beer with green food coloring and talk in bad Irish accents.
I have a few St. Patrick's Day pet peeves, and because I am 3/8ths Irish, I feel compelled to share them with...
"Lord Huron began as a solo project by Michigan-born/Los Angeles-based musician Ben Schneider in the spring of 2010. These songs were later released as the Into the Sun EP, and Lord Huron was born. The songs quickly gained recognition and a live band was...
When someone says to you "Sappy 70's music," I bet you automatically think of England Dan and John Ford Coley.
They had a lot of "soft rock" hits during that decade. We put ED and JFC in the same category as Seals and Crofts, Bread, and later--Air...
For some reason, the song "Toy Soldiers" by Martika just made Jonathan & Kitty feel really, really old.
The song was #1 for two weeks in 1989 for Martika, who started out in show business as a child actor. She had an uncredited role as an orphan in...