May 20 - Wedding Planner & Guide Spring Bridal Event
When: Wednesday, May 20 from 4:30pm - 8:30pm
Where: Monona Terrace
What: Enjoy a romantic evening on the town as you discover all the freshest trends and ideas! Join us - enjoy the show, enjoy the spring, and enjoy the wedding planning process.
Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door – available online here.
- Beautifully coordinated reception Partyscapes created by the area's top design professionals
- Captivating, high-energy runway fashion show featuring the freshest and trendiest styles. Live at 7pm.
- Over 100 of the Madison area's top wedding professionals will be there to answer questions, offer samples, and help you plan the perfect day
- Register to win an exciting multi-thousand dollar wedding giveaway that will leave you starry eyed.
- Concessions and cash bar available
May 26 - 31 - Dirty Dancing
When: Tuesday, May 26th- Sunday, May 31st
Where: Overture Hall
What: DIRTY DANCING – THE CLASSIC STORY ON STAGE is a record-breaking live theatre sensation, exploding with heart-pounding music, passionate romance and sensational dancing. London’s Sunday Express says “This crowd-pleasing stage adaptation hits the jackpot!” Featuring the hit songs, “Hungry Eyes,” “Hey Baby,” “Do you Love Me?” and the heart stopping “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.” You’ll have the time of your life! Attending the Thu, May 28 performance? Stay after the show for a Meet the Artist Q&A with the cast in Overture Hall!
Tickets & More Here
June 13 - Sun Prairie's Taste of the Arts Fair
When: Saturday, June 13th from 9am - 4p
Where: Sheehan Park in Sun Prairie (1351 Linnerud Drive)
What: Join us for the 33rd annual Taste of the Arts Fair on June 13th at Sheehan Park! Bring your appetite for speciality foods, crafts, garden art, and fine art! Vendors vary greatly and include quilts, woodworks, florals, jewelry, photography, oil and water color paintings, ceramics and much more! Over 100 vendors with a variety of crafts, fine art, garden art, jewelry, specialty foods and more!
June 21 - Make Music Madison
When: Sunday, June 21, 2015
Where: Citywide, all over Madison
What: Make Music Madison is an annual one-day citywide, free, outdoor music festival to be held on the Summer Solstice, June 21. The goal is to generate a continuous wall of music as people walk around participating spaces. "Music" is whatever live sound an individual or group wishes to produce, and whatever the hosting space accepts. The festival will be inclusionary in terms of genres, ethnicities, styles of music, skill levels of musicians, and in the use of public and private spaces throughout our community. There are now over 700 communities around the world celebrating the Summer Solstice with a music festival.
What is Make Music Madison?
When and where will Make Music Madison take place?
- Performed by anyone, enjoyed by everyone
- A way for all Madisonians to celebrate the summer solstice, enjoying the longest day of the year, while sampling a buffet of music merriment.
- A DIY city-wide celebration when almost any way to make music can and will happen.
- Make Music Madison is open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical persuasions.
- Make Music Madison will take place on the summer solstice, Sunday, June 21
- Some performances may start early or go late, or take advantage of natural commuter times, but public spaces throughout Madison - sidewalks, parks, and more - become impromptu musical stages, dance floors, and social meeting points. Last year we saw oodles of amateur musicians and every ilk of professional musician pop up all over Madison to perform for new audiences and neighbors alike, and we're sure this year will only be better!
May 9 - Mad Rollin Dolls Finals
When: May 9 at 6pm
Where: Exhibition Hall at Alliant Energy Center
What: Join the Mad Rollin Dolls at their seventh and final bout on May 9! Doors open at 5pm and action starts at 6pm.
Bout 1: Grudge Match (3rd seed vs 4th seed)
Bout 2: Championship Bout (1st seed vs 2nd seed)