Can you tell the different between lyrics written by the poet laureate of a generation, Bob Dylan, and the poet laureate of Nonsense....me?
We've been having fun playing our game "Tangled Up In Bull" this week to give away tickets to Bob Dylan's show at the Alliant Energy Center November 5th. I thought you might want to try and trick your friends with the game..especially if they profess to be Dylan fans.
Half of these lyrics were written by Bob, and half I wrote in a fever dream. Or on a sugar high. I'm not sure. Answers below--no cheating.
1. The lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor
2. Nothing is better, nothing is best
Take heed of this and get plenty rest
3. Mona Lisa's dressed in rags
Her smile is fake
4.You never can buy what no one can own
And the queen won't call you on the telephone
5. He hears the ticking of the clocks
And walks along with a parrot that talks
6. Sailin' 'round the world in a dirty gondola.
Oh, to be back in the land of Coca-Cola!
7. Yellow bellied sapsucker outside my door
Relax said the watchman underneath the floor
8. Thought I saw a tiger, sitting on the porch
It was just my shadow, lit by a torch
(1,2,5, and 6 are Dylan lyrics).