Still haven't found a great gift for Dad? If he likes music, I've got some suggestions that just might help you out.
1. John Fogerty's new album "Wrote a Song for Everyone" is absolutely amazing! It features two new songs, and duets with some of his favorite artists, from the Foo Fighters to Bob Seger. Country artists get their licks in too. I couldn't get enough of Brad Paisley's guitar solos in "Hot Rod Heart." They took my breath away!
2. If Dad really likes to rock hard, you might pick up "13" by Black Sabbath, in stores this week. It's their first album with Ozzy Osbourne in 35 years!
3. If Dad's a Neil Young fan and likes to read, get him Waging Peace, Neil Young's memoir that came out last year. It might just be the best rock memoir I've ever read. As John Stewart on the Daily Show said, it makes you feel like you're with Neil while he's out puttering in the garage, sharing his musings with you. This is a great book.
4. If your dad already has tickets to see Rush at Summerfest, why not get him a book about the Canadian trio? Rush: The Illustrated History (Martin Popoff) was just released a couple weeks ago. It includes hundreds of photographs and the story of the band going back to 1968.
5. For something really different, how about this? A necktie made out of recycled cassette tape. Get this, if you run a tape head over the tie, you can actually hear music. It's a truly unique gift--but it will set you back 90 bucks. More info here.